Cheshire East Local Safeguarding Children Board logo

Cheshire East Safeguarding Children’s Partnership

Keeping Children Safe in Cheshire East

Worried about a child?

The safeguarding and protection of children is everyone's business. If there are concerns that a child or young person may be being abused, neglected, or exploited, action needs to be taken to investigate, stop, or prevent maltreatment.

  • Talk to your safeguarding lead, or talk to your manager
  • Contact local or national Child Protection services. In an emergency, contact the Police national enquiries, telephone number 101 - this will re-route your call to your local Police Constabulary.
  • Follow the guidance given by Child Protection Services or the Police
  • Record what you know about the reasons for concern about the child.
  • Record the actions you or anyone else took
  • Record what was decided when you sought advice
  • Store records securely as confidential

Cheshire East Consultation Services (ChECS) - 0300 123 5012, option 3. 

Keeping Children Safe in Cheshire East