Worried about a child?
The safeguarding and protection of children is everyone's business. If there are concerns that a child or young person may be being abused, neglected, or exploited, action needs to be taken to investigate, stop, or prevent maltreatment.
- Talk to your safeguarding lead, or talk to your manager
- Contact local or national Child Protection services. In an emergency, contact the Police national enquiries, telephone number 101 - this will re-route your call to your local Police Constabulary.
- Follow the guidance given by Child Protection Services or the Police
- Record what you know about the reasons for concern about the child.
- Record the actions you or anyone else took
- Record what was decided when you sought advice
- Store records securely as confidential
Cheshire East Consultation Services (ChECS) - 0300 123 5012, option 3.