ICON is an evidence based programme consisting of a series of brief ‘touchpoint’ interventions that reinforce the simple message making up the ICON acronym.
- I – Infant crying is normal
- C – Comforting methods can help
- O – It’s OK to walk away
- N – Never, ever shake a baby
The measures to contain and delay the spread of COVID19 are already presenting major stressors for families which they cannot control e.g.
- Loss of income
- Self-isolation with children and potentially at risk adults
- Social distancing restrictions on activities which might lessen stress (e.g. sports, social engagement and entertainment, celebrations)
- Social distancing restrictions on activities which might enhance support and coping (e.g. support groups, children/baby groups and classes, baby clinics).
Please share the ICON coping techniques with families across your networks https://iconcope.org/parentsadvice/
Cheshire East Safeguarding Children’s Partnership
The Cheshire East Safeguarding Children’s Partnership document (PDF,1.73Mb) sets out the arrangements for safeguarding partners to work together with other agencies, to identify and respond to the needs of children in Cheshire East. There is also a 7 minute guide (PDF,433Kb) that provides a summary of the new partnership arrangements.
Cheshire East Safeguarding Children’s Partnership aim to do this through our collective commitment to;
- Strategic Leadership across the partnership – to make the safety of children and young people a priority.
- Challenge – through focused inquiries or investigations into particular practice or issues on the basis of evidence, practitioner experience and the views of children and young people, in order for us to improve together
- Learning – to achieve the highest standards of development and to ensure all practitioners have the skills and knowledge to be effective. This will include listening to the voice of children and young people and using what we hear to inform best practice.